Olive Oil Sommelier & Food Experience
A course for food lovers, olive oil tasters, gourmets, food enthusiasts and professionals
DOWNLOAD SPECIAL BLACK FRIDAY 2017 APPLICATION FORM – Conditions apply*
*Special Black Friday 2017 valid for minimum 2 persons and only for the first 10 complete registrations arrived completing this application form before 24th November 2017 at 12 a.m.
This is a course that would suit food lovers, gourmets, food enthusiasts and professionals who want a deepen their knowledge of the whole production and commercial process of olive oil “from the earth to the plate”
Our goal is to offer a well balanced theory and practical course that will provide participants with the right skills and knowledge to be able to communicate the rational use of olive oil in the kitchen and on the table, in particular harmonization of olive oil and food pairing.
The olive oil sommelier is a professional that knows how to turn costs into profit opportunities in retail, restaurants and for consumers
At course completion, participants will have acquired skills and certification (Sensory Aptitude Certificate) entitling them to join the International Register of “Olive Oil Experts”.
These new olive oil professionals have the opportunity to be part of a professional olive oil evaluation panel or jurers in international olive oil competitions.
Olive Oil, Wine, Food & Relax.
The course inclusions
- Classroom sessions, guided tastings with more than 50 olive oils of a various origins and practical exercises from Monday to Friday
- Didactical material
- The annual subscription at the Association IRVEA
- Five overnight stay – Check-in 9th April and Check-out 13th April 2018
- Five breakfast buffet
- Five light lunches buffet
- “Food Culture & Pairing” masterclass with Artisan Cheese and Salumi
- Two didactic dinners in local restaurants
- Guided tour of two local wineries/olive grove/olive mill for a true culinary experience
- Guided tasting of olive oil, wine, local artisan salumi and cheese
- Olive Oil Sommelier Diploma
- Sensory Aptitude Certificate
- I.D. Olive Oil EXPERT / Sommelier Card 2018
- Professional Olive Oil Sommelier Pin
- A selection the official olive oil standard defects (I.O.O.C. – EU)