More than a company, we could define ourselves as a family that began to restore our old family house, called Masía Can Viver. After many years of hard work restoring the old house we started to work on the fields around. Focusing on a way to keep land clean we decided to plant an olive grove. However we planted so many trees that when those started to give us olives, the production exceeded our needs and we decided to share the surplus with friends and family. This was how the Masía Can Viver Extra Virgin Olive Oil was born. Over time we learned, improved and added value to the product to get a high quality olive oil with excellent organoleptic qualities, among which, we highlight its aromatic smell, its intense flavor and its spicy body.
Apart of our olive oil journey, we have a great family house that is really nice and we are lovers of the common Do It Yourself (DIY). That is why we have started some other projects related to our ancestors who lived in that magic house, such as preparing a hive to make our own honey or recover greatgreatgrandpas recipe for producing Ratafia, an old liquor tipical from our country. And counting on all this stuff, we decided we wanted to share it with anyone interested in learn all things we do, our 900 years of family history and, of course, our excellent Extra Virgin Olive Oil tasting and making process! We offer different kind of journeys for people who want to have a great time and learn with us. And not really far in future, we expect to offer our visitors a place to sleep in this kindful place.
Gran Mention – Delicate Fruity
Little broad beans with EVOO and prawns
For the salad of broad beans
- Broad beans fresh (or frozen) small (peas, beans…)
- 2 – 3 branches of fresh mint
- 5 boiled prawns for the salad and 1 per person to decorate
- 4 o 6 crabs sticks
- Tomato cherry for decorate
- Lettuce for decorate
Fort the mint olive oil
- EVOO Arbequina Masía Can Viver
- Leaves of mint
Boil broad beans them in plenty of water with a pinch of salt and the branches of fresh mint for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and reserve. When you inhabit them are cold (you can stop overnight in the fridge)
- Mix with the rest of small cut ingredients (crab sticks, cut into chunks) and mix well.
- Prepare the oil with Mint, putting oil, clean and thoroughly dry mint leaves in a bowl and a pinch of salt and pass through the blender or mixer. Book.
- Garnish with lettuce cut into julienne strips.
- Spread over peppermint oil.
- Garnish with shrimp and serve with EVOO.
Masìa Can Viver
Contact: Rosa María Pérez de Viver
Telephone: +34 682 771 816