The Armonia International Olive Oil Competition, now in its 15th year, is still the first and
only International Olive Oil Competition which involves producers, tasters, chefs, foodies
and consumers in recognising and awarding prizes to the best international EVOOs and
for their mindful use in food and oil pairing.
The Competition aims to:
• stimulate and encourage olive growers and processors to improve product quality, recognising and awarding prizes to the best international EVOOs;
• promote awareness, mindful use and flavour harmonisation in food and oil pairing,
via cooking competitions between professional chefs, young cooks, foodies and ordinary
• give awards in order to promote restaurants, restaurateurs, chefs and all food businesses
demonstrating outstanding correct, rational use and promotion of extra virgin
olive oil of excellence in the food service industry and in schools of Haute Cuisine
and Gastronomy in various countries.
The Competition is divided into various sections:
• ARMONIA Olive Oil Competition – Sensory Competition
• ARMONIE IN THE KITCHEN – Cooking Competition
• ARMONIA Packaging – Graphic Design and Communicative Impact Competition
• ARMONIA People’s Choice – Competition with People’s Choice Judging Panel
In order to guarantee uniform assessment of fresh product, competing oils will be collected
and selected in two separate periods, according to harvesting periods in the various
geographical zones divided by hemisphere.
• Northern Hemisphere: samples to be sent by 10h February of each year.
• Southern Hemisphere: samples to be sent by 30th September of each year.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.