Olive Oil Connoisseur
an expert judge in matters of taste
an advanced level course for olive oil professionals according to I.O.C. norms and international standards
13th – 16th MAY 2019 – Pienza (SI)
PLACES STILL AVAILABLE
Download Complete Program and Application Form
Lessons in classrooms conducted in English by qualified teachers and panel leaders recognized by the I.O.C. , tasting sessions of olive oils and wines guided by professional olive oil tasters and wine sommeliers, perception olfactory tests for the comprehension of the different intensities (trial sessions for Physiological Aptitude Certificate for Olive Oil Tasting), a wonderful tour to discover spring landscapes and culinary excellences of Tuscany: these are only some of the ingredients of this olive oil, food and wine experience.
A special attention is dedicated to the marketing, oriented to the difference between countries and customs in the different markets and with a focus to the ways to turn costs into profit opportunities.
Theoretical & Practical lessons:
- Sensorial analysis: innovative techniques to stimulate memory of organoleptic sensations to recognize smells, flavors, sensations, positive and negative attributes;
- Olive oil extraction systems and techniques: secrets for product diversification and quality improvement;
- Blending, bottling, labbeling and packaging: ethic and aesthetic for different markets;
- Strategies and techinques to emphasize aromas, flavors and sensations for differentiation in olive oil usage in the kitchen, on the table and in the food industry.
- The diverse “qualities” of olive oil: skills and tools for an informed selection and purchase of the product;
- Olive Oil Marketing: promotional activities, strategies and incentives for commercial development;
- Olive oil Chart for restaurants and retailers: communication techniques and strategies to guide consumers in choosing the “right” oil for each dish;
- Guided Tasting sessions with more than 50 oils from different international origins and practical exercises
- The various profile sheets and their uses (food industry classification, specialist classification, competitions)
- Recognition of the positive and negative attributes.
Diploma e Certification
ph. +39 0521 184 15 31 – fax +39 0521 148 0029 – mob. +39 346 541 9847 – +39 347 49 13 924