The course will be held at the Olive Mill
“La Fonte dell’Olio”
Hotel San Gregorio
Via della Madonnina, 4
53026 Pienza (SI)
+39 0578 748059
+39 0578 490064
TRIAL SESSION for Physiological AptitudeCertificate INCLUDED.
An advanced technical-practical course to acquire the know-how, tools, and transversal skills useful in the various areas of the Olive Oil sector and the management of educational activities for the training of sector trainers
• From the field to the mill, from the olive to the oil;
• Sensory memorization techniques;
• EVOO Marketing & Markets;
• Identity and Credibility; Importers, Resellers, Restaurants and Consumers;
• Ethics, Education and Training; learn to teach;<
• Proficiency tests.
The course topics
• Olive growing, olive variety, extraction methods and their effects on the quality
• Sensory analysis, techniques and methods for olive oil evaluation
• Olive oil tasting practical sections
• Storage, filtration, bottling, quality control, transportation and logistic for olive oil trade
• International Olive Oil Regulation & Quality Standards
• Health, wellbeing & nutrition
• Olive oil in the kitchen and food pairing
• Olive oil marketing strategy to increase consumption and more than 100 alternative uses of olive oil
• Guided tasting and practical perception tests for the Sensory Aptitude Certificate of over 60 olive oils
of various international origins and their different characteristics by variety, harvesting period and
Lessons from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., first afternoon free.
From 6 p.m.: masterclass on presentation and tasting of Italian products of excellence: wines, cheese and cold cuts
(Italian Artisanal Salumi).
Lessons from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the afternoon olive oil grove & olive oil mill tour and guided tastings sessions.
Lessons from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the afternoon sensorial sensivity tests and olive oil tasting sessions.
Lessons from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the afternoon olive oil tasting sessions and visit to a winery, followed by a typical Tuscan dinner.
Lessons from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., end of class and certificate-giving Ceremony.
Become an olive somellier WITH A JOURNEY IN TUSCANY
DIPLOMA & CERTIFICATION
attesting to course attendence and completion
of theoretical knowledge and practical skills
- Participation in the course and passing the sensory selection tests are valid qualifications for registration in the International Register of Olive Oil Experts, valid requirement for being part of professional olive oil evaluation commissions and as a juror in international olive oil competitions.
What they're saying
We feel very priviliged to be in the Olive Oil course and we are enjoying the topics very much. We are learning a great deal of information from very knowledgeable presenters. We love being here and we love this course.Jackie and Alex MaillardOlive oil sommelier course