Chamber of Commerce
or Hotel Farnese, Parma, Italy
Monday to Wednesday
from 9.00 to 15.00
The course is aimed at training Panel Leaders with specific skills and tools to set up, train and guide official tasting panels of virgin olive oils according to the international standards governing the classification and marketing of olive oils.
The Panel Leader, also known as Panel Supervisor, is a professional able to select and train professional tasters for the composition of official Panels for product classification.
The required duties for a Panel Supervisor
The required duties for a Panel Supervisor are to:
• manage and oversee the running of the laboratory and associated information system;
• training and instruction of (panel) judges;
• continuous monitoring of each taster’s capability/competency;
• maintain good relations with management and other company personnel;
• collate and process all details for reporting of final tasting tests;
• have a broad knowledge of the makeup of the products being analyzed.