Embark on a journey into the world of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with our comprehensive theoretical and practical course designed to mold you into a true Olive Oil Sommelier, equipped with expertise in every aspect of this liquid gold, “…from the land to the plate”.
Unlike other courses focusing on oil classification, our Olive Oil Sommelier course offers a 360° approach. You’ll delve deep into the sensory analysis of olive oil, master the art of effective communication and sales techniques, and explore the harmonious pairings of oil with food.
With the skills acquired, you’ll become adept at guiding consumers, retailers, and restaurateurs in making the right choices when purchasing Extra Virgin Olive Oils, whether in bulk or retail.
• Olive growing, olive variety, extraction methods and their effects on the quality;
• Sensory analysis, techniques and methods for olive oil evaluation;
• Practical tasting sessions with positive and negative attributes and various intensities of fruitiness;
• Storage, filtration, bottling, quality control, transportation and logistics for olive oil trade;
• International Olive Oil Regulation & Quality Standards;
• Health, wellbeing & nutrition;
• Olive oil in the kitchen and food pairing;
• Olive oil marketing strategy to increase consumption and more than 100 alternative uses of olive oil;
• Guided tasting with over 60 olive oils from various international origins and their distinct characteristics based on variety, harvest period, and extraction techniques;
• Practical sensory perception tests for the issuance of the Sensory Aptitude Certificate.
Lessons from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., first afternoon free.
From 6 p.m.: informal meeting with technical discussions on EVOO Food & Wine , tastings of excellent products, with possible cooking demonstrations.
Lessons from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
In the afternoon, visit the San Gimignano area and town and (if is open) an olive mill with olive oil guided tasting sessions.
Lessons from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
In the afternoon, sensory sensitivity tests and olive oil tasting sessions, followed, upon request, by an informal meeting with technical discussions, tastings, and possible cooking demonstrations.
At the time of enrollment, IRVEA-Olive Oil Academy will send a confirmation email and issue an identification code to take advantage of the special rates and conditions for rooms and light lunches provided by Villa San Paolo Wellness & Spa for participants in the Olive Oil Sommelier Course 2024.
For further information and rates contact the Olive Oil Academy secretariat at email@example.com. In order to guarantee the availability of rooms at the Hotel San Gregorio, it is advisable to book them at the time of pre-registration.
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE
Registration is considered to be completed when the form is received by fax or email at the course secretariat,
accompanied by a copy of the bank transfer statement showing the payments